[Dshield] Increase in Subseven attempts

Kenton Smith ksmith at chartwelltechnology.com
Fri Aug 15 04:15:33 GMT 2003

Has anyone seen an increase in Sub Seven scans? I'm seeing about a 10 fold
increase over the last 24 hours (not huge about 12 instead of the usual 1
or 2). All different source addresses coming to 3 different subnets. It
seems somewhat progressive as I've seen an increase on one ISP's subnet and
then the same sort of increase on another ISP.
I'm not terribly concerned, it just seems odd to me. Maybe this is a normal
automated scan fluctuation or something.

Kenton