[Dshield] DDOS Started?

Keith Bergen keith at keithbergen.com
Fri Aug 15 19:17:40 GMT 2003

I have noticed that there are no longer any DNS entries for
windowsupdate.com or www.windowsupdate.com.
windowsupdate.microsoft.com still works.

I saw reports that the worm attacks www.windowsupdate.com.
Does anybody know if it is exclusively that IP, or if it will
try windowsupdate.microsoft.com?

If it will only attack windowsupdate.com, then Microsoft has
fixed it by elminating that domain for a while.

Thoughts?

Keith.