[Dshield] Blaster utility

Mark Squire msquire at lagraphico.com
Fri Aug 15 21:13:07 GMT 2003

Hi all,
Wanted to run this by you folks.  I have a script that will check your
OS version, check to see if your patch is installed, and install the
appropriate patch for it, then run Symantec's cleaner.  We are planning
on handing this out to home users (as a favor) to help them update their
machines by just doing 1 click.  Please send me email if any of you are
interested (comments/constructive critique VERY welcome BTW).  Basically
the way it would work is, I send you the Vbscript code, you would put it
in a directory along with the following:

FixBlast.exe
WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe (extracted to a certain dir)
Windows2000-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe (extracted to a certain dir)

The users would execute it, and it would run the correct patch, and
optionally lock down the recommended ports.  Wanted to know if that
would be useful to you all?

Mark