[Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Loss of windowsupdate.com breaks SUS?

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Sat Aug 16 10:59:19 GMT 2003

m$ removing windowsupdate.com sets a quite dangerous precedent and gives a good
motivation to worm writers IMHO.
a lot of people claimed the worm is lame and bad written, but the worm's goal
was to DoS windowsupdate.com and it rm'ed it permanently (judging from news
sources).
according to some linux is the biggest threat to m$, but IMHO windoze has become
the biggest threat to m$. 10x for the windoze m$.

btw, the following joke comes to mind (quite off-topic, though).
The horse, being the biggest animal in .bg claimed that no animal can bring him
down (basically turning the horse on his back on the earth).
No animal could do it.
Then the mosquitoes came, said "We can", and did it.

georgi

Darren Bennett wrote:
> I can confirm that it is indeed broken. There is also an article at
> www.slashdot.org that discusses this.
>
> 	-Darren

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

*** Qmail-Scanner Envelope Details Begin ***
*** Qmail-Scanner Envelope Details End ***