[Dshield] Edwards AFB shut down (fwd)

Geoff Shively gshively at pivx.com
Sun Aug 17 23:00:55 GMT 2003

---

Edwards AFB shutdown
 From the Washington Times:

     Computer systems at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., were shut down
this week as a result of the "Blaster" computer worm.

     The desert base is home to the Air Force Flight Test Center, which
conducts work on the B-2 and B-1B bombers, the airborne laser, the
Global Hawk unmanned aerial vehicle, the new F-22 Raptor jet fighter,
the Joint Strike Fighter and other high-tech weapons.

     "We stopped access to our base computer network Monday about 2 p.m.
because of the Blaster worm," said Air Force Lt. Col. Kerry Humphrey, a
base spokeswoman.

     "We don't know how much damage was done, but we're slowly but
surely getting our system back on line."

posted by mt at 09:09

http://www.washtimes.com/national/inring.htm
http://blog.qaddisin.com/

or google search on:  Edwards AFB shut down

---

Cheers,

Geoff Shively, CHO
PivX Solutions, LLC