[Dshield] Message from M$

Micheal Patterson micheal at cancercare.net
Mon Aug 18 00:44:46 GMT 2003

Did anyone else by chance get one of these?

My personal thoughts on all of this.

1. They had a bug. A very serious one at that.

2. Many systems, even patched ones, fell victom to it.

3. There was a "coincidental blackout across the east coast of the US.
Causing major financial loss.

4. We now have a Home Land Security Office that is directly responsible for
the security of the country and they acted upon ISP's to limit the spread of
this latest exploit.

5. Now MS sends a letter telling people how to patch against this one and
how safe they are if they've applied the patch and how they're striving to
provide all and any available information on this exploit, and any other
"worms and virus's that occur".

You ever get the feeling that someone might have sent Guido to see Billy and
to tell him to clean his act up?

--

Micheal Patterson
Network Administration