[Dshield] Spam Falloff (was Increased activity)

Craig Shaw CraigS at caamb.mb.ca
Mon Aug 18 15:17:00 GMT 2003

John,

Funny that you mention that. I've noticed a significant drop in spam showing
up on my inbox since 11th of August (a 50% reduction). I had just thought it
was spammers taking a vacation or something. :)

Now I wonder if there was something else involved. Our ISP hasn't
implemented any port blocking or anything that we know of (and they are very
diligent in notifying us about any network changes).

Maybe the spammer machines got infected? Anyone else have any ideas? Not
that I mind - the reduced spam is a blessing. I'm just curious why all of a
sudden it would fall way off.

Craig Shaw
Systems Administrator
CAA Manitoba