[Dshield] Message from M$

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Mon Aug 18 16:34:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 08:47, Dan Morrill wrote:
> As well, this morning's press release about the GNU FTP
> Server being compromised doesn't help. This is not one of those things that
> instill confidence in Linux or any open source project when that happens.

How much confidence do you have in MS software after the report that a
hacker cracked their corporate network a few years back and was able to
wander around and essentially download all of the sources for XP before
being detected?

(Or am I misremembering the details...?)

> Its industry wide, not a particular vendor of a product, OS, application or
> otherwise. I haven't met an application that has lived up to the sales
> speech yet.
>
> Stop bashing, provide solutions, ones that will work dealing with humans,
> and their amazing ability to just "not get it".

Too true.

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ
 "...in retrospect, we probably should have turned it on by default."