[Dshield] Message from M$

DAN MORRILL dan_20407 at msn.com
Mon Aug 18 19:44:19 GMT 2003

actaully there is the "ROI" holy grail on the business side, the amount of
dollars sunk into the product, the fact that americans have bought into the
"can't compute an roi on technology" syndrome, the investment has to pay off
over time. Hence the idea that microsoft is extending NT 4.0 support out
another year to 05. Companies can't afford short term expenditure on
microsoft products, and have to stay with NT for another year.

This one could go on forever. But yes you did mention inertia.

So how come I can't pick up a computer at best buy, compusa, dell, or
otherwise with a RedHat load GNOME ready, all built for me and ready to plug
into my DSL wired, insecure wireless network to do internet connection
sharing?

LOL!
r/
dan

Sometimes MSN E-mail will indicate that the mesasge failed to be delivered.
Please resend when you get those, it does not mean that the mail box is bad,
merely that MSN mail is over worked at the time.

Otherwise, hope things are going well.
r/
Dan