[Dshield] Spam Falloff (was Increased activity)

John D. lists at webcrunchers.com
Mon Aug 18 20:02:06 GMT 2003

>I've seen a small, but not huge, decrease in spam here.
>
>A couple other reasons some peoples' spamload may be down:
>
>- Ron Guilmette and a couple of other spamfighters are now running extensive
>honeynets to catch the big open proxy hijacker spammers, and they've
>recently succeeded in getting a couple big-time spambags disconnected from
>their main provider.
>
>- China has finally started to pay attention to the massive spam problem in
>their country and some spamhausen have already gotten the Big Red Boot.

Anyone interested in Chinese Anti-spam contacts,   here's one I'm in contact with.

Dr. Ren Jinqiang
Director of The China Anti-Spam Group
Internet Society of China
Tel: +86-10-66412373
Fax: +86-10-66418201
E-mail: rjq at isc.org.cn
Website: http://www.isc.org.cn

I've been very active with China,  and through my contacts,  our efforts are starting to pay off.

All it takes is some good reliable Chinese contacts (who speak and write Chinese) to really get the anti-spam ball rolling in China.

John