[Dshield] Preferred firewall

Quintana Michael A1C HQ SSG/XOIN MIchael.Quintana at Gunter.AF.mil
Mon Aug 18 20:11:09 GMT 2003

What is your opinion on Sidewinder firewalls?

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at dshield.org [mailto:list-bounces at dshield.org] On
Behalf Of Jonathan Rickman
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 2:42 PM
To: General DShield Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Dshield] Preferred firewall

On Monday 18 August 2003 14:01, Robert Voje wrote:

> Feel free to respond if you have any good recommendation.
> Btw. our nearest neighbour is a Cisco dealer... ;-)

There you go. The PIX 506 and 501 are well within your budget, provided
you
don't have a huge network to protect. How many users? How much
throughput?

My favorites, not necessarily in this order, are:

Cisco PIX
Linux+iptables+freeswan
Sunscreen on Solaris

All should meet your needs, depending on the specifics.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security