[Dshield] Spam Falloff (was Increased activity)

Josh Tolley josh at raintreeinc.com
Mon Aug 18 20:13:52 GMT 2003

Could it be because you don't filter it that you have such high percentages?
I certainly won't assume that most lists of spam-able email addresses are
very moderated -- once you're on, you're on. But perhaps some lists are
managed such that if the unique links they put in their HTML emails to
identify you are never hit after a certain number of messages, they give up
on you in favor of the apparently more productive addresses? That may not
make much sense, but after all, it seems that the spam I get starts off
saying "You've won a prize" followed by "No really, you've won a prize",
"Don't you want your prize", and "Act now before your prize is cancelled."
Could be that it really was cancelled after all....

- Josh