[Dshield] Spam Falloff (was Increased activity)

Darren Gasser kaos at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 18 20:43:36 GMT 2003

John D. wrote:
> Anyone interested in Chinese Anti-spam contacts,   here's one I'm in
> contact with.
>
> Dr. Ren Jinqiang
> Director of The China Anti-Spam Group
> Internet Society of China
> Tel: +86-10-66412373
> Fax: +86-10-66418201
> E-mail: rjq at isc.org.cn
> Website: http://www.isc.org.cn
>
> I've been very active with China,  and through my contacts,  our
> efforts are starting to pay off.
>
> All it takes is some good reliable Chinese contacts (who speak and
> write Chinese) to really get the anti-spam ball rolling in China.

That's great news, John.  If you can, ask your contacts if there's any sign
of movement from either of the Zhejiang or Shanghai province networks, as
both are still cesspools of spammers:

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings.lasso?isp=china%20-%20chinanet-zj
http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings.lasso?isp=china%20-%20chinanet-sh

-Darren