[Dshield] Spam Falloff (was Increased activity)

Marc Chabot (.net) marc at chabot.net
Tue Aug 19 00:16:50 GMT 2003

DKC> Here's another theory: If spammers are using
DKC> trojan/worm/virus-infected computers, many of those computers got
DKC> some overdue maintenance/administration due to the flurry/frenzy
DKC> of attention caused by the Lovesan.A. Those computers may not
DKC> have had Lovsan, or did, whichever, the updated AV now running
DKC> may have caught all sorts of other nastiness and fixed it.

I agree, lot's of computers infected by trojan were probing my NAT
"firewall" on port 445, when LoveSan went ballistic, hits on 445
dropped to ZERO.  Clueless users forced to clean their machines
cleaned LOTS of other nasty stuff as well...

--
Best regards,
 CanonBall                            mailto: marc at chabot.net

Error F02A: Keyboard not attached.  Press F1 to continue.