[Dshield] Spam Falloff (was Increased activity)

John D. lists at webcrunchers.com
Tue Aug 19 01:53:05 GMT 2003

>John D. wrote:
>> Anyone interested in Chinese Anti-spam contacts,   here's one I'm in
>> contact with.
>>
>> Dr. Ren Jinqiang
>> Director of The China Anti-Spam Group
>> Internet Society of China
>> Tel: +86-10-66412373
>> Fax: +86-10-66418201
>> E-mail: rjq at isc.org.cn
>> Website: http://www.isc.org.cn
>>
>> I've been very active with China,  and through my contacts,  our
>> efforts are starting to pay off.
>>
>> All it takes is some good reliable Chinese contacts (who speak and
>> write Chinese) to really get the anti-spam ball rolling in China.
>
>That's great news, John.  If you can, ask your contacts if there's any sign
>of movement from either of the Zhejiang or Shanghai province networks, as
>both are still cesspools of spammers:

I'm already on it...   but chinese are slow,  and I have 2 really good contacts.  One is a fan of mine,  and besides Dr Ren,  there is one more
person as well.  Both are students,  and one lives in a city with a name that starts in "X".

I'm also trying to "infiltrate" or get to know some high level Chinese lawmakers,  but these people have to be handled through chinese contacts.  few would even consider talking to a "Foreigner".

John