[Dshield] Spam Falloff (was Increased activity)

Darren Gasser kaos at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 19 16:42:38 GMT 2003

John D. wrote:
>> - Ron Guilmette and a couple of other spamfighters are now running
>> extensive
>> honeynets to catch the big open proxy hijacker spammers, and they've
>> recently succeeded in getting a couple big-time spambags
>> disconnected from
>> their main provider.
>
> Wonderful news!   This made my day...   How do I get in touch with
> Ron?
> I'm sure he would be VERY interested in what I'm doing.

Ron's public e-mail address is rfg at monkeys.com and he regularly posts
updates on his honeynet to both news.admin.net-abuse.email and the SPAM-L
discussion list.

As for getting copies of worms, you can probably grab a copy of the latest
SoBig variant out of your own inbox today, if mine are any indication of how
fast this bugger is spreading.  For older variants, I wouldn't have a
clue -- I'm a spam fighter, not a worm wrangler.

-Darren