[Dshield] Linux A/V Recommendation?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Aug 20 00:08:56 GMT 2003

--On Tuesday, August 19, 2003 4:14 PM -0400 "Leone, Michael"
<michael_leone at merck.com> wrote:

> the norm is usually people installing Red Hat and not
> bothering (or not knowing how) to patch.

This is less of a problem now with Red Hat Network, which is sorta like
Windows Update. Give them an email address to spam and answer their "survey"
every 6 months and it's free, and relatively painless. I have my system set to
nag me (slowly blinking red exclamation mark in the panel) but not
automatically install things until I give the go ahead.

How do the other "consumer friendly" versions of Linux compare?