[Dshield] Linux A/V Recommendation?

Leone, Michael michael_leone at merck.com
Wed Aug 20 12:17:17 GMT 2003

Some of the other Consumer friendly *nix's like Mandrake and what used to be
SuSE before it died and was resurrected as a pay for profit OS can't
compare. Red Hat wiped them out like a bad habit. Can't blame them really,
they took the hatred for M$ and banked on it. They probably made a lot of
money, and are now living it up on a 61' Viking parked next to my old,
work-in-progress 48' hatteras. I toyed with Red Hat but was uncomfortable,
and it completely raped the Cyrix 166, 128mb ram, 10gig old-ass Compaq.
Slackware, however, runs great on it, and its not even stripped down that
much (except, I switched KDE for blackbox). Makes a good, "sits around with
no real use, but its set as the default dmz for all the wayward packets to
my network" computer.

--
Michael C. Leone
Lab Automation and Data Integration