[Dshield] Re: jdgrm virus hoax

David Vincent david.vincent at mightyoaks.com
Wed Aug 20 16:07:40 GMT 2003

> Darn, I did delete this file (jdgrm)thinking it was a
> legitimate virus.  What can I do about that now?  It is
> something that will mess up my computer since I don't have
> it? Thanks in advance.
> Emily

see this:

http://www.vmyths.com/hoax.cfm?id=275&page=3

"Okay, let's say you deleted the file before you learned of this web page.
How much self-inflicted damage did you bring on yourself? Vmyths posed this
very question to Microsoft. Their answer:

If a user has Visual J++ 1.x installed but JDBGMGR.EXE is missing, the net
result would be that some Java programs wouldn't run. In all other cases,
there would be no effect from deleting the file."

-d