[Dshield] did windowsupdate finally crack?

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Thu Aug 21 03:41:04 GMT 2003

hmm..

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 06:23:46PM -0700, Andy Stevko wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that the windowsupdate.microsoft.com site is
> offline? I've tried on two different computers and all I get is a
> static 'Thank you' page. Even the link on the MS home page leads to
> it.

I'm not sure that I would call this "working":

[jsage at sparky /storage/virii] $ lynx http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

You have tried to visit Windows Update with a browser that does not
support Frames or ActiveX® technology. To learn more about browsers
that do support these technologies, please visit the [1]Microsoft Web
site.

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get
the most out of your computer.

<snip>

But then, I'm not sure I care, either...

- John
--
"Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures."