[Dshield] Network utility, but which one?

Kelly Martin kellym at fb.org
Thu Aug 21 20:14:07 GMT 2003

Sounds like nmap.

Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Savage [mailto:bsavage at rnr-inc.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 2:58 PM
To: 'Dshield (E-mail)
Subject: [Dshield] Network utility, but which one?

This is embarrassing.  I have in my hand a print from a utility.  First line says, "Interesting ports on [machine_name] ([IP number]):"  That's followed by three columns of data.  The first is "Port", second is "State", third is "Service".

I'm sure I learned about this little program from this group not too long ago, and I'm pretty sure it runs from a command prompt.  My age is obviously catching up to me because beyond that I'm drawing a blank.

Can someone please tell me what produces this report?