[Dshield] FYI Sobig

Josh Tolley josh at raintreeinc.com
Thu Aug 21 23:23:29 GMT 2003

You most likely got this as an automated message from an MTA's virus
scanner, because the virus scanner got this message from some Sobig.F
infection claiming to be you. The virus scanner as a general rule includes
the text of the message it's complaining about when it sends one of these
notifications so that the allegedly responsible sender can know what message
specifically is causing the problems. But the virus scanner won't send out
the virus it detected, so you don't infect yourself again. Since you weren't
involved in the sending of the original message, you're just getting this
message just like you'd get reject packets and things if someone were
spoofing your IP. Best to ignore it, I guess.

Josh