[Dshield] likely move to infocon 'Yellow'

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Fri Aug 22 17:58:00 GMT 2003

Looking at the latest reports about 'Sobig-F', I think we will move to
'Yellow' to give people a heads up on the Sobig F update activity, which
will start at 19:00 UTC (15:00 EDT).

All Sobig infected hosts will attempt to hit the same set of 20 IPs at
that time. As Sobig uses multiple NTP servers to synchronize its clock,
this activity is expected to start rather fast.

The list of IPs are known and there have been reports that most of them
are down at this point. But even if the update is not successful, the
synchronized traffic may cause issues.

I expect we will move back to green around 15:30 EDT (19:30 UTC).

--
SANS - Internet Storm Center
http://isc.sans.org