[Dshield] likely move to infocon 'Yellow'

Richard Roy RoyR at justicetrax.com
Fri Aug 22 18:22:33 GMT 2003

To play Devil's advocate for a minute, does anyone know if there is
anything still not decoded in sobig? My "little voice" tells me that,
if, there is, and this writer was astute enough to encrypt this action,
is it not reasonable to assume that the IP's could be phony (meaning
there they are, but the code actually uses them in an algorythm to
target the real IP's)
Example, 10.10.10.10 listed in the code has been decrypted and now shut
off right, but the rest of the code takes the first portion and say,
adds 1 to it so the real IP is 11.10.10.10

Just a thought, I hope the folks at F-secure decrypted the whole thing.

Rich