[Dshield] Sobig watch

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Sat Aug 23 16:25:09 GMT 2003

> It's not always necessary to wait for an "official" rule of some sort;
> in fact, in some cases you just have to write your own to perform a
> specific task...

Very true. The rule you posted will work (actually: I think the ':' was
right :-/ ).

The nice thing about snort is that you are able to write your own rules
and do not have to agree with a vendors idea of good/bad traffic.

One note for the 'Sobig Watch': Try to turn on logging in unified or
tcpdump format, so you capture full packets. The short "alerts" format
will not do much good.

--
SANS - Internet Storm Center
http://isc.sans.org