[Dshield] Security Policy Question

DAN MORRILL dan_20407 at msn.com
Mon Aug 25 11:47:34 GMT 2003

That seems like an interesting idea,
Policy exists for a reason, delimiting behavor to that which is acceptable
to an organization. Which is a good thing. But things I have noticed about
policy is that people will move around it if they find it too restrictive,
or they can not do their job, or think they can not do their job and the
policy needs to go.

The other issue is updating and maintaining the primary policies. Usually
they get written and rolled out with great fan fare, but collect dust on the
SAN. Even the person who is required to maintain the policies have a hard
time keeping up with them.

While I like the idea you proposed, what would be your approach for putting
it into the policy life cycle at an organization.
r/
Dan

Sometimes MSN E-mail will indicate that the mesasge failed to be delivered.
Please resend when you get those, it does not mean that the mail box is bad,
merely that MSN mail is over worked at the time.

Otherwise, hope things are going well.
r/
Dan