[Dshield] MSBlast.D a good worm?

Geoff Shively gshively at pivx.com
Mon Aug 25 22:10:23 GMT 2003

>I don't understand why so many people tolerate spyware that is installed and
>executed without permission. I think it should be prosecuted as a virus or
>something. If the law needs to be changed then people should get the law
>changed.

I couldnt agree more. Most spyware actualy exploits vulnerabilities to get the task of installing and connecting to its master complete.

What are the legal ramifications to making and hosting a page that installs spyware and using that installed software to infact SPY?

Cheers,
Geoff Shively

	> But is there any such thing as a "good" worm?

	If it is a good worm then there is no reason to inform the owner of the
	computer and get permission to run and/or install it, making it legal.

	I don't understand why so many people tolerate spyware that is installed and
	executed without permission. I think it should be prosecuted as a virus or
	something. If the law needs to be changed then people should get the law
	changed.

	---