[Dshield] (OT)PGP question...

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Tue Aug 26 16:33:06 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 08:18, Kenneth Coney wrote:
> I wouldn't.  The reason it is free is because the protection is lower.

The reason it is free *from a commercial entity* is the protection is
lower.

> There is probably a back door key whose existence is denied but careful
> searching of links like http://www.undergroundworld.de.vu/ or
> http://uk.geocities.com/textdocs/hackgen.html (this one today has a post on
> defeating PGP with Lanman) will show you a way.  For protecting sensitive
> files I would advise a paid version of Safehouse or something similar.

Why not try GnuPG?  http://www.gnupg.org/

It's a major open source project, so no back doors or weak encryption.

It's free.

It has plugins for major Windows mail clients.

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ
  There is no problem that cannot be solved by the appropriate