[Dshield] (OT)PGP question...

Leone, Michael michael_leone at merck.com
Tue Aug 26 15:28:46 GMT 2003

<rant>I remember when *all* of pgp was free. Has the GPL died or something
and I had my head too far up my butt to notice? Yeah, I know it costs to run
a web server, domains, hosting, time, etc... I can see a nice little $5
donation, maybe using sourceforges mirror list to cut the cost of bandwidth.
But having a program that "embraced the gpl" then suddenly says "Hi! I want
more money". Can't really blame the original developers, they get bought out
by some company with an itch and sent packing while their work is poked,
prodded, bastardized and has a price tag thrown on it. <\rant>

There is also GPG, which is a gnu pgp, I suggest that. It won't help with
the signed messages coming as attachments though, neither did pgp. Outlook
is crappy.

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA), and/or
its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst,
Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted
and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended
recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return
this by e-mail and then delete it.