[Dshield] Ebay fraud email

John Dalton dubuque_1 at msn.com
Thu Aug 28 21:57:11 GMT 2003

Thought the list might like this one Example is attached, pretty sloppy
fraud, especially the forgetting to hide the redirected site.

But I thought the html editor was interesting
-------------------------------------
|          HTMLCrypt v1.011 Beta      |
|           Cedium Software Inc       |
|       http://htmlcrypt.cedium.net   |
 -------------------------------------
Anywhere here it is:

o7:

Dear eBay User,

It has become very noticeable that another party has been corrupting your
eBay account and has violated our User Agreement policy listed:

4. Bidding and Buying

You are obligated to complete the transaction with the seller if you
purchase an item through one of our fixed price formats or are the highest
bidder as described below. If you are the highest bidder at the end of an
auction (meeting the applicable minimum bid or reserve requirements) and
your bid is accepted by the seller, you are obligated to complete the
transaction with the seller, or the transaction is prohibited by law or by
this Agreement.

You received this notice from eBay because it has come to our attention that
your current account has caused interruptions with other eBay members and
eBay requires immediate verification for your account. Please verify your
account or the account may become disabled. Click Here To Verify Your
Account - http://www.angelfire.com/linux/ebayhelp1/