[Dshield] port 1026-1031 update

Rodrigues, Philip phil.rodrigues at uconn.edu
Tue Dec 2 02:18:04 GMT 2003

I'm sitting in front of two Class B's.  We saw a steady increase in the unique external IPs scanning us for UDP 1026, 1030 today since 0700 EST.  This chart shows the number of unique external IPs with incoming UDP 1026 traffic per hour since noon.  First column is hour in EST:

00  209
01   93
02   92
03  112
04   33
05   34
06   92
07  211
08  282
09  409
10  494
11  598
12  709
13  871
14 1039
15 1263
16 1392
17 1559
18 1722
19 1905

UDP 1030 also appears to be increasing at the same rate.  I took samples at 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, and 18:00 and got results of 833, 1205, 1448, and 1784.

We had two hosts pop up today and start scanning for this - I will try to get my hands on them tomorrow.

Phil

Philip A. Rodrigues
Network Analyst, UITS
University of Connecticut