[Dshield] Consensus Question

Paul Marsh pmarsh at nmefdn.org
Wed Dec 3 14:10:51 GMT 2003

Morning All:

  This has been on my mind for awhile now and even more last night while
I was working on a customers box that was infected with Bugbear along
with a few other nasty little bugs.  With all the Viri and Trojans
running around these days for the most part an average user is unknowing
and unprotected which inevitability ends them up being infected and
compromised.  What do you tell them when you return the box?  I don't
know if it's over kill telling them that they should really think about
changing credit card numbers, password and take a good hard look at what
personal information is/was on the box.  What is the general consensus
of the list?