[Dshield] Consensus Question

Brad dshield-list at izallgood.net
Wed Dec 3 15:24:51 GMT 2003

I would just suggest that you tell them to take a look at what they have
done with the computer for X days, and if they put any personal
information into the computer, ie  buy'n something of Amazon.com for
example. also suggestiong that they should change their passwords would
not ok as well. I had rather have them go thru the extra steps to make
sure they are protected then to have their idently stolen. the chances are
fairly low that any personal information was leaked, but I don't want to
find out the hard way.

Guess it comes down to I had rather be safe and change  make sure all they
know that their is a chance that their personal information was exposed to
somebody of a no morals  and that it is best to aleast change their
passwords, and possibly credit card numbers.

Brad

 "The President has kept all the promises he intended to keep."
 Clinton aide George Stephanopolous.
 I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have
 looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.
 --Ronald Reagan