[Dshield] port 1026-1031 update

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Wed Dec 3 21:02:13 GMT 2003

> We concur: There doesn't seem to be anything malicious behind the
> obfuscation on the web page. However, I continue to suspect that the
> offered download is malicious. I know of one group that's working to
> reverse engineer it. So, perhaps we'll soon know.

Well, I do have a few reports from people that say they did see the
outbound 1026-1031 traffic after they installed "PopupadStop". I
installed it myself, and don't see the traffic. However, it does a
'version check' as it is installed, and it is possible that it
downloaded extra pieces in the past.

Other than that, we do have now a connection between the two-byte
UDP port 1026-1031 traffic and popup spam. If your system responds
to the two zero byte traffic, a popup spam will be send.

phone: (617) 786 1563
  fax: (617) 786 1550                          jullrich at sans.org