[Dshield] OT: Discussion forums for spyware, adware and malwarein general?

Shawn Cox shawn.cox at pcca.com
Thu Dec 4 14:26:20 GMT 2003

All the more reason to have a place where we can go to discuss with others
the problems we are having.

Case in point and the original reason for my message:
One of our client machines was "infected" with a new strain of ClientMan
which was released on 11/28.  As of 12/3/2003 none of the major cleaning
tools could deal with the new version and so we were left to spend the day
hunting down what turned out to be 9 .dll's, 2 .exe's and 3 BHO's.  What I'm
looking for is a place where not only I could go to look for folks having
the same problems, but to share what I found in cleaning the malware up.

So far I have found these resources and they will be at the top of my search
list when things go awry.

www.spywareinfo.com
www.spywareguide.com

There are forums and live chat rooms with like minded folks here with which
to discuss specific or general problems.

--Shawn