[Dshield] port 1026-1031 update

Bill McCarty bmccarty at pt-net.net
Thu Dec 4 18:18:44 GMT 2003

Hi Kenneth and all,

--On Thursday, December 04, 2003 12:39 PM -0500 Kenneth Coney
<superc at visuallink.com> wrote:

> If we asked who profits from something like Blaster, the guys sending spam
>   using hijacked email accounts and advertising for a program that stops
> spam ads (and installs Gosh knows what else on your machine), to be paid
> for with your credit card (you gave the number to who?) would go right to
> the top of my list as potential author suspects.

That's the funny part: This alleged pop-up spam blocker is being made
available at no cost. Err, make that no explicitly stated cost <g>.

I spent some time trying to reverse engineer the beast, but it's written in
Delphi, with which I'm not familiar. So, I haven't made significant
progress.

Cheers,