[Dshield] IP ADDRESSES

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:45:18 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 09:42, john beck wrote:
> You can do that, but take the chance on missing out on good web sites (and
> good information) from those subnets
>
> >On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 22:10, Rick Klinge wrote:
> > > Does anyone know where I might obtain a list of all the china, japan,
> > > malaysia, korea IP Assignments?  I figure If I can block ... I would
> > > be able to eleminate about 90% of our spam and pornography
> > > problems.

Distinguish between blocking those IPs in the MTA and blocking them at
the boundary. One only affects email, the other affects everything.

It doesn't sound like Rick wanted to block them at the boundary, just at
the MTA.

I second the recommendation for www.blackholes.us

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ
  There is no problem that cannot be solved by the appropriate