[Dshield] SPAM email using my smtp server host name

Keith Bergen keith at keithbergen.com
Thu Dec 4 20:05:12 GMT 2003

Forging the "mail-from" address is simple. It doesn't mean
that the spammer actually used your server. You would need to
dig a little deeper into the full headers of the message to
determine if it actually was being sent through your server.

You probably want to find a how-to that tells you how to
insure that you are not "relaying" spam. I'm sure there are
many out there, you would just need to find one that is
particular to your SMTP server.

Keith.