[Dshield] He thinks he is bulletproof, is he?

Mrcorp mrcorp at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 14:16:34 GMT 2003

There is no such thing as "secure".  If I told my boss that we have now reached a "Secure" state,
I would be job hunting.  "Secure" is not something we acheive.  At least I hope not, or most of us
will be out of jobs.  I define security as minimizing risk to an acceptable level while not
spending more for security than the price of what we are securing.  I know there are a million
formulas, but this one is simple.

So is he secure?  Well, how much is his computer and information worth?  So what if he doesnt get
a virus for 12 months, is it worth the restrictions he has placed upon himself?  Does it make
sense?

Mrcorp