[Dshield] He thinks he is bulletproof, is he?

Stoney Jiang SJiang at Bid.Com
Fri Dec 5 15:07:57 GMT 2003

Good point. There is no 100% secure.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mrcorp [mailto:mrcorp at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 9:17 AM
To: General DShield Discussion List
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Dshield] He thinks he is bulletproof, is he?

There is no such thing as "secure".  If I told my boss that we have now
reached a "Secure" state,
I would be job hunting.  "Secure" is not something we acheive.  At least
I hope not, or most of us
will be out of jobs.  I define security as minimizing risk to an
acceptable level while not
spending more for security than the price of what we are securing.  I
know there are a million
formulas, but this one is simple.

So is he secure?  Well, how much is his computer and information worth?
So what if he doesnt get
a virus for 12 months, is it worth the restrictions he has placed upon
himself?  Does it make
sense?

Mrcorp