[Dshield] AOL Broadband

Al Reust areust at comcast.net
Fri Dec 5 23:54:32 GMT 2003

Alan

Here is a bit of food for thought
Take one Win2K Pro (at least, as you did not mention the OS) box that has
the AOL software installed.
Turn On Internet connection Sharing.
Point it at the wireless NIC.
On the Linux Laptop create a configuration that points the network at the
Win2K Box - wireless Nic for its Default Gateway. You could even turn on
NAT for basic DHCP

 From what I have seen in the past, TCP/IP does work irrespective the P3
protocol driver that AOL installs. The Win2K then just translates.
Obviously You would not want to stack very many boxes on the small network.
Yes the Firewall becomes more important. Yes there are dependencies

Al