[Dshield] FW: Windows 9x Security Update Beta Invite

Al Reust areust at comcast.net
Sat Dec 6 01:13:28 GMT 2003

Yes, Microsoft does have a Domain Called BetaPlace.

They have know to extend invitations, no matter how they gained the
information.

If you look at the page and then plug in the Guest ID it does take you to a
proper page.

If you looked at the Registry.

Registrant:
Microsoft Corporation (MICROSOFT-DOM)
    1 microsoft way
    One Microsoft Way
    redmond, WA 98052
    US

    Domain Name: MICROSOFT.COM

    Administrative Contact:
       MICROSOFT CORPORATION  (EPMKOEAUSO)  msnhst at MICROSOFT.COM
       One Microsoft Way
       Redmond, WA 98052
       US
       425 882 8080 fax: 206 703 2641
    Technical Contact:
       MICROSOFT CORPORATION  (EJSEHEQUAO)  msnhst at MICROSOFT.COM
       One Microsoft Way
       Redmond, WA 98052
       US
       425-882-8080

    Record expires on 03-May-2012.
    Record created on 02-May-1991.
    Database last updated on 5-Dec-2003 19:56:29 EST.

    Domain servers in listed order:

    DNS1.CP.MSFT.NET             207.46.138.20
    DNS1.TK.MSFT.NET             207.46.245.230
    DNS3.UK.MSFT.NET             213.199.144.151
    DNS1.DC.MSFT.NET             64.4.25.30
    DNS1.SJ.MSFT.NET             65.54.248.222

This is what it returns.

R/

Al