[Dshield] Virus in my restore point

Keith Bergen keith at keithbergen.com
Wed Dec 10 13:59:16 GMT 2003

Hello All,

I have an annoying problem on my Win XP Pro box. One of the
files in one of the restore points is claimed to have a virus
in it. PC Cillin finds this virus each time, but cannot
remove it. Every day, PC Cillin reports that it is there, and
you have to hit okay.

The virus is Troj_Fyle.B, but never got installed on my
system. The executable, however, got into a restore point
before my scan could delete it. The Run key is not installed
in the registry either.

As you probably know, XP will automatically create these
restore points for you. I would like to find and remove that
restore point (thus removing the file). Does anybody know of
how to manage the restore points, and delete these restore
points?

Thanks,
Keith.
"Life is like an analogy"