[Dshield] Virus in my restore point

Tom Geairn tgeairn at newviewconsulting.com
Wed Dec 10 14:51:20 GMT 2003

Right Click "My Computer" on your start menu, Select Properties.  Click
the "System Restore" tab.  Select the "Turn off System Restore on all
drives" checkbox.  Click "Ok", Click "Yes" on the warning that comes up.
After the delete is done, reboot and run a full AV scan.  When that's
done, feel free to turn System Restore back on.  I recommend that you
adjust the Settings (same tab) and reduce the number of restore points.

-Tom Geairn
NewView Consulting, LLC