[Dshield] Free Anti Virus

Al Reust areust at comcast.net
Sun Dec 14 04:03:35 GMT 2003

Hello Paul

I see that you have the several more popular answers. After having gone
through this process years ago. I went through a process to insure that I
had permission to distribute the companies software. That normally includes
looking at the contact page and email your best choice (sales). State that
you are an ISP and want to be able to help your users, and potentially how
many copies you are going to distribute. If they are not the correct person
to ask that they please forward it to the appropriate person..

In some cases I received a very nice email, letter (and fresh software). In
some cases I received an affiliates agreement that required reviewed,
signing and then their acceptance.

Many companies that do have shareware or freeware versions that will enjoy
the help that you can bring by helping with their advertising. Some have no
clue and say just no.

If you never ask then you never know. This does not mention that anything
you distribute you are partially responsible for support. The User got it
from You, guess who they call first...

Al