[Dshield] Anyone know how to get ride of W32/Sircam.worm@mm?

Mark Tombaugh mtombaugh at alliedcc.com
Sun Dec 14 05:41:09 GMT 2003

On Saturday 13 December 2003 5:41 pm, WMAVT at aol.com wrote:
> No point in having a resource hogging program
> when I can scan anytime I want to while online.

FWIW, TrendMicro's online scanner runs locally (you download a one-time
scanner, including definitions, via ActiveX). You don't save any local
resources using it. Be careful relying on on-demand virus scanning, any virus
scanner is inherently stupid. Once infected, manipulation of definitions and
executables is trivial. The goal is to catch them before they run, which
requires real-time scanning, optimally on the network, as well as the host.

--
   Mark Tombaugh <mtombaugh at alliedcc.com>
   Allied Computer Corporation <http://www.alliedcc.com>