[Dshield] mail1.giac.net spamcop listed]

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Mon Dec 15 18:57:49 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 13:14, jayjwa wrote:

> When these companies realize that they in effect can not contact to any
> host at all, because of banning and blacklisting, and their customers
> realize this, their clients will pull out, and the isp's will lose vast
> amounts of money. That _will_ get there attention, and make them see that spam
> hosting and ignoring other similar problems is to their disadvantage.
> Follow the blocklists religiously (Sans, etc)- if these spam & virus
> housers won't do something about the problem, they should be cut off from
> the rest of the Internet.

And how long do you expect us to remain in business when we block AOL,
RoadRunner, Verizon, and every other big ISP that doesn't care and tells
their customers that we're the ones blocking them?

I'm sorry, I don't care how you paint the picture, blacklists don't do
anything but hurt legitimate users.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Friends don't let friends use Active Directory
Visit Frayernet - http://www.frayernet.com
Shop at buyneatstuff - http://www.buyneatstuff.net