[Dshield] mail1.giac.net spamcop listed]

Mrcorp mrcorp at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 19:47:32 GMT 2003

I have to say this, and it is in alignment with some of what has been said, just not as direct.
If we are having to block email at our gateways and workstations, its too late.  These issues need
to be addresses long before it reaches our networks and systems.  Its sort of like our users
getting emails that are trojanized or infected.  If it gets to my users and its up to me to try
and protect them, I am going to fail.  No matter what I do, there will be one that will get in.
And I certainly cannot rely on them to not open it.  After all, they are trained to open email
this same way every day, all day long.

The same can be said for spam.  This is a much larger issue that needs to be addressed long before
we should be dealing with it.  There are a few engineers here, trying to save the world.  It just
wont work.

Mrcorp