[Dshield] mail1.giac.net spamcop listed]

Mark Tombaugh mtombaugh at alliedcc.com
Tue Dec 16 15:00:37 GMT 2003

On Monday 15 December 2003 6:45 pm, John Hardin wrote:
> The rules for non-ISP businesses are different than for ISP businesses.

You're right. We all have different roles, so we all have to develop different
strategies. If you maintain a mail server for a large university, or an ISP,
you will undoubtedly have faculty or clients from all over the world. Believe
me, I have wished that I could block entire domain extensions, but some of my
clients would take this personally. Thats what happens when legitimate
traffic gets blocked and thats why this thread started (mail1.giac.net
spamcop listed). So why complain about a single legitimate IP address getting
on a blacklist and advocate blocking millions legitimate IP addresses in the
same thread?

--
Mark Tombaugh <mtombaugh at alliedcc.com>
Allied Computer Corporation <http://www.alliedcc.com>