[Dshield] mail1.giac.net spamcop listed]

Kenneth Coney superc at visuallink.com
Wed Dec 17 14:19:31 GMT 2003

The first solution is rewrite the law.  Take away the exemption.  About
spamming not being a crime, that depends on where you live.  If you are in
a jurisdiction where it isn't a crime, have them change the law.
Intentional spamming is close enough to telephone harassment, and or,
misuse of cable services, or misuse of computer time that a case can be
built in some cases, even if the law is 30 years behind the technology.
The problem is the many providers who don't enforce (or in some cases even
have) policies.  No one should log on and have to deal with 120+ emails
every morning on each email account.